Search This Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Album Review: Kevin Bloody Wilson - Let's Call Him...Kev! (1991)

I make no apologies for my love of bawdy ballads - Kevin Bloody Wilson got me through the more challenging moments in my life than a bottle of Jim Beam ever did, and ever will, and I consider it to be a defining moment in my life that I first discovered the joys of Kevin Bloody Wilson, all the way back in 1996/1997.  The album that I was first exposed to was Let's Call Him...Kev!, and I hadn't laughed so hard in some time when I first heard it.  It's not an album that gets a mention very often - Kev's Back (The Return of the Yobbo) tends to get that honor - but it's my favorite of all his albums.  It's my go-to Kev album for whenever I need to offload my innate predilection for foul language and dirty humor somewhere else, leaving me free to be the "angel" some people apparently see me as (cue lots of laughter).  "Festival of Farts", "Jacko Can't Get Up" and "This One's Just For You" are my choice picks here, the best of a great lot.  This album needs to be mentioned more often whenever the subject of Kevin Bloody Wilson is ever brought up - it is his finest album, no doubt about it.  On ya, Kev!  A+

No comments:

Post a Comment