Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Album Review: Bob Marley & The Wailers - Exodus (1977)

Legend by Bob Marley & The Wailers is, as far as I'm concerned at least, the best hits compilation album ever made.  And by an easy margin, too.  Playing the album from start to finish, there's just something remarkable about how the album flows.  I've just started to listen to this fine record again after a while, and I'm loving every moment of it.  It has also led me to write a review for one of their studio albums.  I've already done Catch a Fire, and that was a pearler of a record, so now I've decided to write a review of Exodus.  An album with an interesting pedigree, this album was recorded whilst Bob Marley was in self-imposed exile in London after an assassination attempt.  I was expecting something good out of this album, and I wasn't disappointed.  A few favorites are here, such as "One Love/People Get Ready", "Exodus" and "Jammin'", and there's a couple more here too - "Natural Mystic" and "So Much Things to Say" are among the better songs on the album, and that's a difficult assessment to make, because the album on the whole is excellent.  But for brevity's sake, I won't go on about all of them - and I could easily do that - but needless to say this album is an essential for an respectable reggae music collection and mandatory for any Bob Marley/The Wailers fans out there.  Definitely give this album a chance is what I would like to say.  A-


No comments:

Post a Comment