Search This Blog

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Album Review: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cosmo's Factory (1970)

Hooray, I finally got around to reviewing a CCR album, and it's a good album at that.  It should be - it's considered one of their best, if not their best, and is packed full of hit songs that most people who are basically familiar with the music of CCR should know about.  It's not quite as exciting or enthralling as I thought it would be, or should be, but don't let that put you off listening to it. Yeah, you've got the "best of " compilation songs here - "Lookin' Out My Back Door", "Travelin' Band" and an excellent version of "Ooby Dooby", to name but a few.  But the "fillers" aren't so bad either - the album is book-ended by two choice cuts, namely "Ramble Tamble" and "Long As I Can See the Light", both of which serve to wrap up an album that I feel is a tad overrated by many critics, but is still in no way a bad or average album.  But the delicious question here is simply this - would I go out of way to buy a physical copy of this album?  Probably not.  There's so many good songs on here that the The Ultimate Collection already covers, and what's left is good, but not good enough to warrant importing the album, unless of course, I somehow find the album on sale for around the 10 dollar mark, give or take a couple of bucks.  Otherwise, I'll keep it on my Spotify saved albums list for the time being.  As for you - yeah, I think you should give a whirl, or spin.  A-


No comments:

Post a Comment