Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Album Review: U2 - The Joshua Tree (1987)

As I write this I only own two U2 albums - The Best Of 1980-1990 and Pop.  The first I own for good reason - pretty much everything you need to hear from U2 is on that album, and the second - well, there's a couple of good tracks on it, and needless to say I was a bit more reckless with regards to my spending back in those days.  Having recently decided to exponentially increase my review output, I figured now might be a good time to review what is considered to be their best album - The Joshua Tree.  It is actually very good.  Three of my favorite U2 songs are here - "With or Without You", "Where the Streets Have no Name" and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For."  A few more have just been added to my list of U2 songs I like and respect - "In God's Country", "Mothers of the Disappeared" and "Running to Stand Still."  There's not a bad song in sight, and whilst I'm not a fan of mellowed out songs, the more mellow songs, such as "Running to Stand Still" still managed to keep me hooked.  People like to put shit on U2 these days for a number of reasons, but there's no reason whatsoever that they should be putting shit on them for this album, because it is seriously good.  Do I recommend it?  Absolutely.  Hell, I may even go out and buy it!  A


No comments:

Post a Comment