Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Album Review: Robin Williams - A Night at the Met (1986)

Around 4 or 5 years ago, I walked into a music store and browsed through the comedy section. I came across Robin Williams - Live 2002, and noting that it was a double CD, instantly went to the counter, thinking that based on it's funny factor or the fact there's two discs with a shitload of tracks it would be a good buy either way. And it was. I was rolling on the ground, pissing myself with laughter. Not literally of course, but you get the idea. Now, after investing 30 of my unearned dollars on his first hit album, A Night At The Met, I haven't been rolling on the ground, nor have I been pissing myself so hard. But I have been pissing myself nonetheless. Amongst all the comedy greats, Robin Williams comic genius is unquestionable. You simply cannot deny the man is funny. Very funny. But judging from the interviews he's given, the movies he's made, and of course the stand-up comedy shows he's performed and the subsequent albums that followed, he's also obsessed with circumcision. And possibly dogs. But, despite the slight Freudian nature of these fixations, it's his ability to do impressions and his socio-political commentary that makes his material worth the change of undies. B+


No comments:

Post a Comment