Search This Blog

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Album Review: Duran Duran - Rio (1982)

Got bored today.  Fired up Rio by Duran Duran.  Got a bit disappointed, to be honest.  I was expecting something good other than the hits that are "Save a Prayer", "Hungry Like the Wolf", and "Rio."  But alas, most of the songs here barely manage to be categorized as "decent", or "good enough."  And only the hits are really worth mentioning here - "The Chaffeur", "New Religion", "Hold Back the Rain" are about as interesting as crochet knitting, and "Lonely in Your Nightmare" just might grow on me one day.  And I mean "might."  Despite this album being one of their most successful, if not their most successful, it's done nothing to hold my interest.  I can always listen to "Hungry Like the Wolf" on Greatest, as is the case with "Save a Prayer."  Will the next Duran Duran album make for better listening than this one?  Hope springs eternal.  Meh.  B-


No comments:

Post a Comment