Search This Blog

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Album Review: Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? (1986)

For me, at least, Megadeth is sounding better each time I play their music.  Despite being one of their best known albums, Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? never used to do anything for me.  I always loved their debut album - Killing is my Business...and Business is Good! - it's easily one of the best thrash albums ever made, in my opinion.  But this album only really held any value for me for two songs - "Wake Up Dead" and "My Last Words."  In retrospect, I was overly critical of it to begin with.  Thrash metal by and large was never an acquired taste for me, and I remember getting hooked on Metallica almost instantly the moment I fired up Kill 'Em All.  But Megadeth took some getting used to, and now I'm fully appreciative of the fact I took the time to really get used to them.  I'm very impressed by this album now, not quite as appreciative of it as I am Rust in Peace,  but if "Good Mourning/Black Friday", "Peace Sells" and "The Conjuring" (as well as of course, the two earlier mentioned tracks) are anything to go buy, this album deserves a lot more respect than what I gave it to begin with.  A good album.  A-


No comments:

Post a Comment