Search This Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Album Review: Michael Jackson - Off The Wall (1979)

My childhood love of Michael Jackson extended largely to the Thriller and Bad era albums - most notably the latter, as I was getting into Michael Jackson in a big way when that album was still fresh.  I always loved some of the material from Off The Wall, the album that I'm reviewing here, as well, especially the opening track, "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough", given that my gutter mind always gravitated to entirely different subject matter altogether whenever I heard the opening monologue.  Plenty of top notch disco ditties going around here - the aforementioned opening track aside, of course, and omitting the classic "Rock With You", as everyone knows that song, I'm loving "Get On the Floor" and "Off The Wall" as much as I always revered "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough." And Jackson's cover of Paul McCartney's "Girlfriend" is always good listening to boot.  The last three tracks on the album - "I Can't Help It", "It's the Falling in Love" and "Burn This Disco Out" are the only real duds to be found here.  A great precursor to the legendary Thriller album, this is definitely an album worth checking out, if you haven't done so already.  A-


No comments:

Post a Comment