Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Album Review: Eurythmics - Touch (1983)

The Eurythmics put out some great hits back in the day - "Here Comes the Rain Again", "Would I Lie to You?" and "Who's That Girl?" will all be familiar with people who have been listening to the radio for the last 39 years or so.  All are good hits, although not so good as to get you too excited whenever you heard them.  They're certainly staple listening for any budding 80s music enthusiast, such as moi.  I've decided to go beyond listening to the greatest hits and try out one of their greatest albums, Touch.  And it's very much an average album.  There's only three songs here that I would consider listening to - ""Here Comes the Rain Again", "Cool Blue" and of course, "Who's That Girl?"  Everything else here is rather bland, with tedious synth riffs that do nothing to get your attention, and in some cases, are borderline awful. "The First Cut" just might get better if I listen to it enough, and that's IF I listen to it again.  Nope, this album is definitely not for me.  You might beg to differ, however.  Check it out at your own leisure/peril.  B-


No comments:

Post a Comment