Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Album Review: Megadeth - Rust In Peace (1990)

Megadeth is a band that I haven't been actively listening to for a long time now, and I have a good number of their albums in my collection.  Up until recently, I stopped listening to metal regularly like I used to, and every now and then I would play one of my many metal albums, savoring the moment and once again reminding myself of what makes me love the genre so much.  Thrash and speed metal are sub-genres that I'm the most familiar with, and Megadeth is easily one of the great thrash bands out there - in fact they make up part of what is called the Big Four - Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer.  I love their debut album in particular, in fact it's my favorite Megadeth album, and this album here, Rust In Peace, would be the second-in-command of my favorites hierarchy.  Some people may try and argue over Dave Mustaine's vocal style, but one immutable fact is that he is a superb thrash guitarist.  Having not listened to this album in quite some time, I'm once again basking in fast-paced, thrash goodness Megadeth style, and with songs like "Hangar 18" "Poison Was the Cure" "Take No Prisoners" and "Rust in Peace", the memories of this great record are so, so good.  And some songs just get even better.  A very good album indeed. A-


No comments:

Post a Comment