Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Album Review: David Bowie - The Next Day (2013)

The last album I reviewed from David Bowie was Reality from 2003.  I thought it was a great album - at a time where many of his contemporaries would have well and truly slipped in terms of the quality of their musical output, Bowie was still at the top of his game.  The same applies to the album I'm reviewing here, The Next Day, which was released ten years after Reality.  Bowie made no bones about his artistic proclivities - and The Next Day is no exception to this.  It is a Bowie album through and through.  I must say though, that I'm not as fond of this album as I am of Reality, but it certainly sounds better than what I had initially expected, and I am nonetheless glad I took the time to review it.  I've found two memorable songs on this album - "Where Are We Now?" and "Valentine's Day", and I might find myself playing "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)" from time to time.  It's definitely worth checking out regardless of whether you are a Bowie fan or not.  Boy, I wish this man was still here with us.  A genius through and through.  And not a bad album, either.  B+


No comments:

Post a Comment