Search This Blog

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Album Review: Chris Rea - On The Beach (1986)

I bought the album that I'm presently reviewing for two reasons; 1) it was cheap ($7.99 to be exact), and 2) it was the only Chris Rea studio album they had on sale.  But for the eight bucks I paid for this album it is fair to say I got something worth ten times that.  It was very much what I was hoping the album might be, and in the process of listening to the album I couldn't help but get excited by my semi-unexpected discovery.  I'd heard all of his greatest hits before - "Let's Dance", "Josephine", "Ace of Hearts" and of course, "On the Beach."  Both "On the Beach" and "Let's Dance" are of historic relevance to me - I remember listening to them, and enjoying them, of course, back in the late 1980s when I was just a wee lad.  I must say however, I do think that the New Light Through Old Windows version of "On the Beach" is vastly superior to the original studio one as found on here.  But I'm not interested in this one anyway - there are some really superb tracks to listen to here.  "Giverny", "It's All Gone", "Freeway" and "Bless Them All" are all my favorites.  I'm very, very glad I picked this album up when I did.  A


No comments:

Post a Comment