Search This Blog

Monday, June 12, 2017

Album Review: Rod Stewart - Vagabond Heart (1991)

Rod's done it again!  Yet another great record from Rod the Mod, full of hits, and then some.  Released at a time when many artists of his generation would've have begun to falter, this album is more than just a comeback album, it is one of the best comeback albums out there.  Well, at least that's what I think anyway.  And as soon as I finished the album, I instantly declared to myself that this album was one of the best I've heard from that particular year, alongside Metallica by Metallica and Nevermind by Nirvana.  You'll recognize the brilliant "Rhythm of my Heart", "Broken Arrow", "It Takes Two", "The Motown Song", and "Have I Told You Lately", but my first love here is "Go Out Dancing" - it feels as if I've been looking for that melody for years - and my second is "Rebel Heart", which in itself is a good solid hard rock number, which some of you will know, is right up my alley.  "When a Man's in Love" is also worth a spin now and then too.  Yep, this album is one of the best 90s albums out there, no matter what others might tell you.  People will hark back to the Every Picture Tells a Story and Never a Dull Moment era and tell you that was when he was at his peak, and they may be right.  But you certainly shouldn't discount his later works, as I found out with Tonight I'm Yours, and of course, this album.  Here's my advice - go out and get it!  A


No comments:

Post a Comment