Search This Blog

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Album Review: Motley Crue - Girls, Girls, Girls (1987)

Most of my fondest memories of listening to Motley Crue involve me being maggoted on cola and bourbon with a bit of kava on the side.  That was around 12 years ago.  And they were very fond memories indeed - well, what from what I actually remember anyway.  Motley Crue was the soundtrack to a time when I (for the most part) could give a fat rat's freckle about life in general.  Of course, I was tuned in to their Greatest Hits compilation.  But here I'm writing about their 1987 album Girls, Girls, Girls.  Not too bad an album either.  I've been familiar with the title track for a long, long time now, although I couldn't put a finger on the exact number of years I've known about it.  Nonetheless I've come to see it as being representative of the quintessential Motley Crue sound that I loved when I was fitshaced, and of course, also loved when I was sober.  The opening track, "Wild Side" is the best song here, followed by the power ballad "You're All I Need" and the real reason I invested in the album in the first place, "Dancing On Glass."  "All In The Name Of..." is also pretty damn good as well.  Not too bad an album at all, I must say.  B+


No comments:

Post a Comment