Search This Blog

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Album Review: Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever (1989)

I love it when I get an album that is so easy to listen to.  Something that holds my attention and doesn't dick around too much, something that gets to the point.  And Full Moon Fever by Tom Petty does an excellent job in this regard.  There is only one song on this album that I would skip, and that is "Alright for Now."  Not my cup of tea, but otherwise I would say that the album represents the very best of Tom Petty.  I can't help but feel that this album is a sort of spiritual successor to Traveling Wilburys Vol. 1.  Fair enough I suppose, given that Jeff Lynne, George Harrison and even Roy Orbison (not forgetting Jim Keltner, aka Buster Sidebury) all aided in this album's production in varying capacities.  Some of his biggest hits are here too, "Free Fallin'", "I Won't Back Down" and "Running Down a Dream" will no doubt jog the memories of those familiar with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.  And good songs they are, of course.  But "Yer So Bad", "Love is a Long Road" and "Zombie Zoo" are all pretty good.  Damn good, as a matter of fact.  Don't settle for the Spotify version, go out and buy a physical copy instead.  You won't regret it.  A


No comments:

Post a Comment