Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Album Review: Heart - Heart (1985)

I'm so pleased I went out of my way today to listen to Heart's eponymous album from 1985.  After taking the liberty of skimming over the review ratings for the album on its Wikipedia page, and of course having listened to the album from start to finish, I've concluded that this album is much better than what some people have said about it.  From my perspective at least, the band's stuff from the 1970s (i.e. "Barracuda") is good, but not as good as their 1980s material, and this record is at the very pinnacle of what I consider to be their 80s prime. "These Dreams" is the number one pick on this album, and it's usually the first track I listen to on their Essential Heart album.  "What About Love?"  "Never", "If Looks Could Kill" and "Nothin' At All" are also on the Essential Heart compilation, although "Never" and "Nothin' At All" have been remixed somewhat, and for the better.  But the original versions here can't be discounted either.  My favorite track outside of "These Dreams" is "All Eyes", and it gets better every time I play it.  Screw what other reviews say about this album, I like it, and I like it a lot, to my surprise.  And when it comes to music, I love surprises.  A-


No comments:

Post a Comment