Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Album Review: Testament - The Legacy (1987)

The last review that I did was of a thrash metal album, The Dark, by Metal Church.  And it was an OK record.  I've decided to do another review of a thrash metal album by yet another slightly obscure thrash metal band, Testament.  Their debut album, The Legacy, is a very generic thrash album - not bad, of course, but it offers nothing in the way of listening that listening to the likes of Anthrax and early Megadeth does.  I felt that it was simply too monotonous, as if each song were repeating itself and over and over.  If I were to name a couple of songs here that I felt stood out the most, I would go for the opening "Over the Wall" and "Curse of the Legions of Death."  But that's about it for me.  For me, a great thrash metal album gets me kinetic every time, but this fails to do anything of the sort.  It's a thrash metal album, Jim, but not as I prefer it.  Meh, not my cup of tea ,to be honest.  I hope you beg to differ.  B


No comments:

Post a Comment