Search This Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Album Review: Chris Rea - Dancing With Strangers (1987)

I bought a whole lot of Chris Rea albums in a very short space of time a while back, and I've been loving most of them.  And I mean loving them.  Chris Rea is badly underrated, and I've always felt he should receive the kind of public acclaim that the likes of Mark Knopfler have always received.  There's always something good on offer from Chris, and Dancing With Strangers is one of his best albums ever.  Having reveled in the likes of On The Beach and Wired to the Moon, it's time to put this album to the test, as it contains one of my favorite Rea songs, "Let's Dance." It's also one of the first I heard from him, going back to around 1988-1989.   Having explored the rest of what this record has to offer listeners, I've picked up a few more loveables and likeables along the way.  "Windy Town", "Que Sera", "Loving You Again", "That Girl of Mine" - there's so much to like here, and if there is one track I do struggle with, it would be "Josie's Tune", a dulcet little panpipe ditty that's not quite for me (or any panpipe song, for that matter), but hey, that's my fault, and not Chris'. As a Chris Rea fan, I would most certainly recommend that you give this album a listen, and even if I weren't I'd probably suggest the same anyway.  A great musician.  A great album.  A


No comments:

Post a Comment