Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Album Review: Joe Satriani - Surfing With the Alien (1987)

Joe Satriani's Surfing With the Alien is an album I should've reviewed a long time ago.  I had completely forgotten just how good it was and had subsequently consigned it to the admittedly extensive list of albums I only ever listen to every century or so.  Like many albums, I only bought it because it was going cheap.  That, and because it had "Always With Me, Always With You" on it.  A great song, no two ways about that.  But it's certainly not the only great song on the album, as I had found out after giving it a spin three or four times.  And now I'm also digging "Crushing Day", "Hill of the Skull" "Lords of Karma" as well as the staple "Satch Boogie."  Plenty of other good songs here too.  Despite my initially lukewarm reception to this album, I've come to have a great deal of respect for this record.  Even if I do have a tendency to put it away and forget about it completely.  A very nice album indeed.  A-


No comments:

Post a Comment