Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Album Review: Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA (1984)

A few albums come to mind when I'm asked what's the most flawless album you've stumbled across, and the competition for the best can indeed be a very tight race.  But for me there is invariably one that comes out on top every time - Born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen.  I can never get bored of this record, I shall forever savor this record, and I will be buried with this record.  I would even argue that I love this album more than life itself, but that would be too easy, given that for me right now Monty Python's claim that "life's a piece of shit" would make for an excellent tattoo design choice.  But then again, I listen to this album and realize, albeit for a fleeting moment, that there are sporadic moments of bliss and carelessness to be had, facilitated of course, by impeccable musicological gems such as this.  This record is a three-month vacation encased in polycarbonate plastic and vaporized aluminum, one that you'll never get tired of revisiting each time the aforementioned shit hits the fan.  Many of Bruce's greats are found on this album - "Born in the USA", "Dancing in the Dark", "I'm On Fire", "Glory Days" and "My Hometown" are the ones you may know best.  But then there's the rest - "Cover Me", "Working On The Highway", "No Surrender" and another four delightful ditties awaiting your discovery.  And they're ALL bloody good.  A+


No comments:

Post a Comment