Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Album Review: Joe Perry - Have Guitar, Will Travel (2009)

A bland, but not horrible, 'deafen yourself with Philips screwdrivers' kind of album, the latest offering from Aerosmith's Joe Perry can only be described (to the best of my ability) as being marginally interesting, which is a bit like saying your grandma's '86 Corolla is still good for drifting in. And that is, of course, when Joe is on a roll - something that now and then stops me from nodding off, which for the most part is why I try to avoid listening to the album in stifling heat. And I certainly wouldn't drive a car with this album on, unless I had lost the will to live. Hang on, why am I complaining? I got this album for free. And frankly, let's hope it stays that way. Stick to listening to Aerosmith, people, if you want to hear Joe Perry at his finest. C


No comments:

Post a Comment