Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

Album Review: Bruce Springsteen - The Rising (2002)

My favorite album of the 80s is Born in the U.S.A. by Bruce Springsteen. And why? Because I love nearly every song on the record, and the ones that I don't love I like. There is not one single filler on this album. And until I can find something to top it, an unlikely event at this rate, it will remain my personal favorite. 18 years after its release, The Boss once more proves he's still got the touch with his 2002 effort, The Rising. Coupled with his E-Street band, Bruce demonstrates that getting on doesn't necessary mean getting old. "The Rising" sends the same chill up my spine as "I'm on Fire" did when I was merely four years old, and "Waitin' on a Sunny Day" reminds me of what made "Born to Run" the great song that it was and still is. "Lonesome Day", "Into the Fire" and "Nothing Man" are worthy mentions. The rest are, well, average. But not bad either. My verdict -not on par with the legendary "Born in the U.S.A., but still much better than the rubbish produced by many post-2000 artists. B+


No comments:

Post a Comment