Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Album Review: ZZ Top - Eliminator (1983)

From singing about pearl necklaces to velcro to the best little whorehouse in Texas, there's always something that can be mysteriously (or perhaps not?) attributed to the works of the Texas weird-beards. And going from a largely blues-rock based sound to a synth-infused hard rock one would surely set the odds of a complete flop on ZZ's part somewhat high. But the odds have been defeated with their magnum opus Eliminator, and it's so obvious why. I love this album, primarily as there is not one song I don't like (in fact I love all of them), but also because it opened doors for me. Had I not heard this album or any of its songs, but I probably wouldn't have got past the pansy-ass pop music I so enjoyed delving into. Heck, I probably wouldn't have gotten into heavy metal, and some might argue that is a good thing. Still, with tracks like "Sharp Dressed Man", "Legs", "Gimme All Your Lovin'" and "TV Dinners", you'll wanna put down the Madonna CD and listen to something more suited to your gender. A+


No comments:

Post a Comment