Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Album Review: Bee Gees - Still Waters (1997)

Call me slightly ignorant, but Barry Gibb will go down in my music history books as being the best, if not the only artist to have so many songs all sound the same and get away with it. Listen to "Stayin' Alive" and you've also heard "Night Fever", "I Started a Joke", and you've heard "Run to Me", "You Win Again" and you've also heard "One." And, along with his group the Bee Gees, they're also credible proof that you can still win a singing competition after being kicked in the plums. Now admittedly you can call me ignorant, as this is the first proper Bee Gees album that I've listened to, the rest were "greatest hits" compilations. And you may also question my sexual orientation, but I also like it. But why should I care what you think, after all, there is nothing camp about being blown away by Slayer's Reign in Blood. "Alone", "I Will", "Still Waters Run Deep", "Irresistible Force" are the closest thing to tear jerkers you'll find on this album. Oh, and one more thing, this album sounds dated, like it was stuck in the 80s, despite being made in the 90s. And why should I give a rat's proverbial? A


No comments:

Post a Comment